Thursday 28 February 2013

Botanical Colors - (and Saxon Blue!)

Samples of wool hand dyed with Botanical Colors Saxon Blue - Liquid Indigo. The sample skein on the left was also dyed with Liquid Himalayan Rhubarb  to create a green shade and the skein on the right was also dyed with Liquid Lac to create a purple shade
Liquid Indigo - Saxon Blue for vatless indigo dyeing


Not really my blog post but I thought I'd borrow this from our news page with an update. This was the original news item in case you missed it....

"For those of you who were followers of renowned natural dyer Jenny Dean's website before it was hacked, you will be pleased to know that it is now back up and running and every bit as good as before! In addition to a very interesting post on chickweed as a possible mordant and a great post on Celtic dyes, Jenny has been busy experimenting with our Botanical Colors liquid natural dye extracts. For a review of her findings (and some lovely photos!) please click here to visit Jenny Dean's website

Unfortunately, it would appear that Jenny has once again been the victim of hacking (honestly, wouldn't you think people had better things to do than spoil someone's hard work?). However, on the positive side, it's still possible to access the blog at the link above and there is info there about how to contact Jenny. Even more positive is news that her latest book is on its way to the publishers. I shall be first in the queue for a copy and we'll be planning to stock it I'm sure!

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf