Friday 12 October 2012

3 show round-up part three - The Wool Experience

Another show first for us, this lovely, relaxed event organized by Black Sheep Spinners at Blaze Farm in Wildboar Clough (Nr Macclesfield) was most enjoyable. The weather was unexpectedly kind (after wild rain and winds earlier in the week) and we had a great day. Lots of spinners were on hand, including Diane demonstrating her prowess with the walking wheel.

The shearing demonstrations were very popular, although possibly the most popular "shearee" was one of the young lads who was having his head sheared for charity!

I confess to succumbing to a fleece (I really did need a Leicester Longwool - no, really!). Look out for it in Fibre Adventure Club parcels in the near future as it's a beaut.

And I can't mention Blaze Farm without a hearty recommendation of their first-rate ice-cream. So good we had to have two.....(oops) - but they are calorie free if you eat them when you're working, right?


No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf