Saturday 21 July 2012

Arts for Health

I don't have a lot of pics to share from the Arts for Health course I've just finished at Bolton University but it was a great course!

Here's something we did on the first day - everyone had paint and a brush and had to draw a continuous line on a long piece of paper. We all worked at the same time (all 18 of us!) and every time we crossed someone else's line we had to ask them by name for their permission. Sounds bizarre but it was a great way to learn names and to start interacting with a big group of people.


As you can see, 18 people can create a lot of lines in a few minutes!!

This rather, um, striking picture was an exploration of how different media can be used for creating reflective journals. Not being much one for drawing, it isn't exactly a work of art! We were asked to describe in pictures on an A2 sheet of paper, an event from the previous week. I'm not about to explain what the event was but suffice to say, I'm a bit of a convert to visual reflection - a picture paints a thousand words as they say! It was really quite cathartic.



No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf