Friday 31 December 2010

Year-end round-up part One - dyeing workshops

As the year draws to a close, a quick summary of November and December seems to be in order! First up, some dyeing workshop pics. Sock blanks at the Hut.....




 The pics don't do these lovely pieces justice as the colours were so rich in real life. I think it will be interesting to see how the one with the swooping curve knits up (might have to try one of those myself!).

This was followed by a lovely workshop at Spun in Huddersfield.
 I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any pics but luckily Lydia has some nice pics on her facebook page, so I hope it was ok to borrow a couple ; )



And there is a lovely Ishbel in Corelli's projects on Ravelry. Incidentally, if anyone else has pics that they'd be happy to share, it would be lovely to see them. A link to an album/ravelry page/facebook etc. or emailed ones would be just fab!

Spun is a new yarn shop in Huddersfield. It is in a beautiful Victorian Arcade and is well worth a visit if you're in the area. You'll be able to catch me there on 19th March for a sock knitting workshop, but there are lots more exciting workshops before then, too! The rag-rug sheep looks particularly tempting....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh those sock blanks look such fun...I am eager to try something new in the creative department!

Debbie said...

They are heaps of fun. Brings back fond memories of painting at school - very liberating and they always look great!

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf