Friday 31 December 2010

More bands....!

Band three were local band, Navigation Road. A more grown up affair but nonetheless a great night out at Bondi in Altrincham. Halted by party poopers at 11pm (noise abatement team, despite the bar over the road blasting out a dj set way louder than the band). Boo!

An evening of rocking covers of some of our fave songs and a very welcome lift home shared with a huddle of road cones courtesy of bassist Simon "Digger" Dagnall (not sure if there is a collective noun for road cones but if there was I'm sure it would be huddle or something similar judging by the way they collect in groups at the side of the road). Road cones are surprisingly large close-to, by the way - and heavy...

Great night, guys, roll on more successful gigs in 2011! Check out the band's new website for more info. on forthcoming gigs : )

Last but not least were Hawkwind. Haven't seen these guys since Uni so it was a bit of a journey into the unknown, especially as I've definitely never seen them sober (me, not them). Nearly missed the start of the set (this will not be a surprise to some), so it took a little while to weave to the front and get into the mood, but it was every bit as trippy and rockin' as I remembered. It was admittedly odd to go to a gig and be among the youngest there (an experience only matched by Jethro Tull gigs), but the crowd rocked, the band were great and the astral projections have certainly benefitted from 21st century technology (ouch, that makes me feel old!).
Yes, they still had the dancers...
Projections are cool....
 Oops, very bright!
Lots of projections...
 Not so evident in this pic but there were quite a few hats which I suspect were disguising a bit of mpb (male pattern baldness) in the male audience. Some impressive dreads in the foreground tho'....

2 comments:

Crobbles said...

I think I last saw Hawkwind in Cardiff about 20 years ago!

Debbie said...

They haven't changed much! Must try to tempt you out to a gig or two this year. ....

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf