Saturday 8 May 2010

Phew - back to normality - fibre and sock clubs - March - Sakura

In keeping with tradition, pics showing the most recent clubs are somewhat behind, so here's what you missed!

March was a rare foray into pastels, with Sakura being the colourway for the month, inspired by the Manga character of the same name from Naruto. Regular followers will know that Manga and anime are popular in our household and, whilst I'm more of a Death Note fan myself, I have a soft spot for Naruto as it was Will's first manga and his favourite for a long time. If you're not familiar with manga, don't be put off by the fact that it is animated. The storylines are excellent and I can heartily recommend any of the studio Ghibli films, especially Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away as great family movies.

Anyhow, back on topic ; )

From the top we have the Fibre Adventure club

- A lovely Masssam roving, Shropshire x BFL shearling fleece and some luscious silk hankies in a range of co-ordinating colours.

For Roving Medley members

- a lovely spiral-dyed Massam roving

And for sock club members -

A semi-striping, soft as butter Bluefaced Leicester sock yarn.

Mmm, maybe I could get to like this pastels thing after all.....

(ooh, and April pics coming soon!)

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf