Monday 5 October 2009

Fibre clubs August pics - Damsons & Damsels


Catch up time again, folks! Here is August's roving medley fibre club, Damsons & Damsels. Intense shades of cerise, plum, black and deep charcoal it was a pig to photograph but worth it! The fibre is my merino/tencel stripe blend - the tencel adds lovely highlights against the rich tones of the merino.



This months' adventure selection was a beautiful collection of the merino/tencel, soy top and fleece from three little Shetland shearlings, a white, a grey and a black, which I dyed in varying shades of plum/maroon. Lots of lovely texture and tone to make something really special! The Shetland has such soft locks with the most delicate crimp, it's just irresistible : )

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

More delicious colours! I am still resisting the urge to learn to spin, but you are making it hard ;-)

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf