Saturday 7 March 2009

Welcome to the jungle

Aka, my sadly neglected garden. I've been looking out wistfully at my poor, overgrown borders and moss-infested lawn all week as the sun shone and the birds sang, knowing full well that as soon as I get a minute at the weekend, it will rain or blow a gale!


Well, as luck would have it, the weather hasn't been too bad today. It drizzled most of the time, but not enough put me off getting out there with the pruners and saw and having a good old session lopping shrubs and clearing weeds. I'd like to say it looks fantastic, but it's a definite improvement and I can now see where the bulbs are coming up and there are new shoots on the perennials already. Oh, and we have our first daffodils and scilla in the front pots! Spring is nearly here for sure. (Cheating with this last pic, this was taken late last year, but I just liked it, so I thought I'd share it!).

No comments:

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf