Saturday 23 February 2008

Bones....


Remember the rabbit skeleton? Today Dad and Will decided to take a leaf from Kathy Reichs (writer of Bones the tv series with David (how hot is he?) Boreanaz (aka Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and prepare the bones they'd collected (no, I don't know what for either).

So, after a quick trawl of google, armed with a "recipe" for preserving bones, off they went to the kitchen. Thankfully I toddled off to Spinning Guild for the day as the smell - ugh! I walked in and nearly walked straight back out again. All I can say is it's just as well it was good weather and we could have all the doors and windows open. Still, Will is very happy with his finds so I suppose I should be grateful he has such an inquiring mind! Bizarrely, I wanted to be a pathologist from being about 6 (too much Quincy), so maybe that's where he gets it from.

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

I have quite a few animal bones in my 'interesting to draw etc' collection. Most of them were quite old when I found them so that didn't need cleaning. My prize one is a crow's skull. It is incredibly delicate.
I haven't seen the Kathy Reichs program, but I've read most of her books. I've enjoyed them all.

Email me updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Pinterest

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Debbie's Slideshow

    Heritage Crafts Association

    The Heritage Crafts Association

    Craft Rally

    P/hop

    Blog Archive

    UK Knitters Blogring

    Creative Connections webzine

    About Me

    My photo
    Hi and welcome to my blog! Check out what's been cookin' in my Colour Cauldron and see what's been keeping me busy.....
     
    Dyers Web Ring
    Powered By Ringsurf